Location: Epping, Western Cape
3 years diploma in analytical chemistry
Analyses products and raw materials for compliance with product or material specifications
Key Performance Area
- Compliance – Analysis:
Analyses products and materials to ensure compliance to registered specifications.
- Tests compliance of products (including routine Stability products) and materials as per documented Specifications and Analytical Methods.
- Analyses a large range of product types – tablets, capsules, COLs, suppositories and powder formulations.
- Performs analysis using wet chemical techniques and instrumental methods of analysis (HPLC, GC) as applicable.
- Ensures that applicable SOPs are followed and required records are completed.
- Examines samples critically.
- Records results as per GLP requirements.
- Reviews results for accuracy and reports any anomalies to Supervisor or Manager.
- Implements OOS procedure where necessary.
- Performs `peer review’ of analytical raw data as required by Manager.
- Samples and test compliance of Site systems (Purified water, gasses, steam, etc.) as per documented procedures.
- Compliance GLP & QMS
Complies with the requirements of Good Laboratory Practice and the requirements of the applicable GSK QMS Policies..
- Ensures cleanliness of working and surrounding area.
- Ensures that documentation is performed in the demarcated areas and that chemical analysis is performed on the workbenches.
- Ensures that documentation (specifications, etc.) is protected form damage by chemical, water, etc.
- Ensures preparation and storage of reagents as per SOPs.
- Ensures that chemicals and supplies are ordered timeously.
- Ensures that SOPs in use are current and notifies the Manager of any out-of-date procedures.
- Prepares SOPs as required by the Manager.
- Verifies the calibration status of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Performs maintenance of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Completes appropriate equipment logs after usage, verification and maintenance.
- Assists with the validation of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Performs system monitoring (eg. Fridge temperatures, fume cupboard pressures) and completion of appropriate logs as required by the Manager.
- Performs area inspections (self inspections, 6S, EHS) as required by the Manager.
- Ensures that laboratory waste is timeously removed as required by Manager.
- Comply with EHS standards and guidelines and Site EHS SOPs.
- Complies with SOPs wrt safe use of chemicals/reagents, glassware, analytical procedures and the use of PPE.
- Operational Excellence
Partakes in continuous improvement activities to reduce costs, increase productivity and improve quality.
- Participates in, projects to continually improve processes – LeanLab, OE and Leansigma methodology.
- Participates in Manufacturing Technology projects e.g.NIR.
- Assists with the delivery of the financial OE benefits.
- Participates in “visual factory”, incorporating 6S